A. What is enrollment?
Enrollment is a formal registration of students admitted to academic programs at the IBA.
B. What is the duration within which the enrollment form must be submitted?
Students who have accepted the offer of admission for joining any academic program at the IBA are required to submit the enrollment form along with the following documents within 6 weeks starting from semester commencement date.
C. What documents are to be submitted along with the enrollment form?
|Type of Documents||Attested from|
|1||Secondary School Certificate / O Level Certificate||Gazette Officer of the Government of Pakistan|
|2||Higher Secondary School Certificate / A Level Certificate|
|5||CNIC or Birth Certificate|
|6||Two recent Passport size photographs||Concerned Program Office|
(Holder of foreign certificates / degrees)
|HEC (www. hec.gov.pk)|
(Holder a GCE or O level degree certificate)
|9||Migration certificate of the university/board
(Other than Karachi university/Karachi board)
D. In what case does the Cancellation of Enrollment occur?
- Submit fake documents (Certificates / Degree).
- False or Incorrect information (Work experience, grades, financial status of the family).
Permanently debarred from applying to IBA.
Covid-19 Exemption (One time for the year 2020)
Exception from the above policy has been created to facilitate the candidates whose academic year has been affected by the Covid-19 Pandemic.
E. Mechanism for Change of Credentials (name change) on IBA document:
1. Student full name & father name:
a. Should be entered as mentioned in Matriculation Certificate/ O level Certificate)
b. Any other certificate from a board of examination that signifies the first education degree they hold.
2. Any personal information (including names) will be taken from the student's enrollment form for issuance of academic documents.
3. If a student wants their name changed in the IBA documents:
a. Students first get their credentials changed on their first educational documents
b. Alternatively, they should get a certificate from the IBCC.
A. What is the Time- Bar rule applied to?
Every student admitted to some program at the IBA must complete the requirements of that program in the stipulated time called enrollment period to be eligible for award of diploma/degree for the program.
B. What is the time- bar rule for each program?
|Academic Program||Expected Time||Time Bar|
|4 year undergraduate degree (BBA, BS)||Minimum 4 years||7 years|
|MBA (Morning)||Minimum 2 years||5 years|
|MBA (Evening)||Minimum 3.5 years||7 years|
|EMBA||Minimum 2 years||7 years|
|MS (full time)||Minimum 2 years||5 years|
|MS (part time)||Minimum 2.5 years||7 years|
|PhD||Minimum 4 years||8 years|
|PGD*||1 to 1.5 years||3.5 years|
1. In case a student opts to do PGD only, then 3.5 years' time limit will apply
2. Otherwise there would be no time constraint for PGD and Masters and the student could continue and complete his / her MBA (Evening) in total seven years.
C. What is the criterion of time-Bar rule applicability?
1. For course work, the period shall be counted from the date of admission.
2. For comprehensive examination, the period shall be counted from the date of completion of course work.
D. Can students get an extension of enrollment or in time bar?
1. If a student is unable to complete their degree within the stipulated time frame, then he or she can request for a provision for extension. The extension may be granted for 6 months to 12 months.
2. This provision is subject to the approval or rejection of the Academic Committee, depending on the validity of the case presented.
E. What is the application mechanism for extension in enrollment?
1. A formal application must be submitted to the Academic Board via Program Director.
2. The application must contain a valid reason with documentary evidence to substantiate the students claim for not completing the degree on time.