A. What is enrollment?
Enrollment is a formal registration of students admitted to academic programs at the IBA.

B. What is the duration within which the enrollment form must be submitted?
Students who have accepted the offer of admission for joining any academic program at the IBA are required to submit the enrollment form along with the following documents within 6 weeks starting from semester commencement date.

C. What documents are to be submitted along with the enrollment form?

  1. photocopy of Secondary School Certificate / O Level Certificate
  2. Attested photocopy of Higher Secondary School Certificate / A Level Certificate
  3. Attested photocopy of Bachelor Degree
  4. Attested photocopy of Master Degree
  5. Attested Attested photocopy of CNIC or Birth Certificate
  6. Attested photocopy of Equivalence Certificate in case of holders of foreign certificates / degrees.
  7. Two recent Passport size photographs duly attested by the concerned Program Office
  8. All degree holders must provide equivalency certificate for two cases:
    1. If they hold a foreign degree then they must get an equivalency certificate from the HEC. (www. Hec.gov.pk)
    2. If they hold a GCE or O level degree certificate then they must get an equivalency certificate from the IBCC.

Note: Attestations must be done by a Gazette Officer of the Government of Pakistan.

D. In what case does the Cancellation of Enrollment occur?

  1. The enrollment and admission of a student whose certificates / degrees are found to be fake would be cancelled.
  2. Any candidate who provides false or incorrect information regarding work experience, grades, financial status of the family or submits fake supporting documents will be permanently debarred from applying to IBA.

E. Mechanism for Change of Credentials(name change) on IBA document:

Academic documents issued by the IBA shall have the name in full form as mentioned in the matriculation certificate/ O level Certificate or any other certificate from a board of examination that signifies the first education degree they hold.

Any information such as parent names or a student's middle name will be taken from the student's enrollment form.

However, if a student wants their name changed in the IBA documents then they must first get their credentials changed on their first educational documents. Alternatively they should get a certificate from the IBCC.

Time Bar

A. What is the Time- Bar rule applied to?
Every student admitted to some program at the IBA has to complete the requirements of that program in the stipulated time called enrollment period to be eligible for award of diploma/degree for the program.

B. What is the time- bar rule for each program?

Academic Program Expected Time Time Bar
4 year undergraduate degree (BBA, BS) Minimum 4 years 7 years
MBA (Morning) Minimum 2 years 5 years
MBA (Evening) Minimum 3.5 years 7 years
EMBA Minimum 2 years 7 years
MS (full time) Minimum 2 years 5 years
MS (part time) Minimum 2.5 years 7 years
PhD Minimum 4 years 8 years
PGD 1 to 1.5 years 3.5 years

C. What is the criterion of time-Bar rule applicability?

  1. For course work, the period shall be counted from the date of admission.
  2. For comprehensive examination, the period shall be counted from the date of completion of course work.

Note : *In case a student opts to do PGD only, then 3.5 years' time limit will apply otherwise there would be no time constraint for PGD and Masters and the student could continue and complete his / her MBA (Evening) in total seven years.

D. Can students get an extension of enrollment or in time bar?

If a student is unable to complete their degree within the stipulated time frame then he or she can request for a provision for extension. The extension may be granted for 6 months to 12 months.

This provision is subject to the approval or rejection of the Academic Committee, depending on the validity of the case presented.

E. What is the application mechanism for extension in enrollment?

A formal application has to be submitted to the Academic board via program director. The application must contain a valid reason with documentary evidence to substantiate the students claim for not completing the degree on time.